Battle City Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
Let me see into your future – A guide to Fortune Ladies

Flip the coin - a guide to Fortune Ladies (official discussion) M6-gl

These girls were released in Ancient Phrophecy, while some were released in Stardust Overdrive booster pack. In anime they are used by Carly, If you have watched it, you must know playing style already, they can be control, combo and burn. All is up to you and to your playing style.

Similarities:
- They all have ?/? as attack and defense status.
- They are all spellcasters
- They are all effect monsters
- They can't be searched by Mystic Tomato, Sangan etc. due ? value

Pros:
- With them you can get many special summons, beware of anti special summon cards.
- They are very good at drawing many cards. Water is already +1, same as Fortune Future.
- They can slow down game, for BlackWings and LightSworns, it's hell. As their future visions field can remove one monster from play for one turn, you can be safe from beatsticks for one turn at least.

Cons:
- Skill Drain - atk/def = 0.
- If you can't special summon, you may loose.
- Need time to keep them alive and get them ready for duel.

There are six of them:

Fortune Lady Light
Level 1
LIGHT

Spellcaster
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x 200. During each of
your Standby Phases, increase the Level of this card by 1 (max 12).
When this card is removed from the field by a card effect, you can
Special Summon 1 "Fortune Lady" monster from your Deck.

?/?

Fortune Lady Dark
Level 5
DARK

Spellcaster
Increase this card's Level by 1 during your Standby Phase (max. 12).
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x 400. While you control
this face-up card, when a face-up "Fortune Lady" monster you control
destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard,
you can select 1 "Fortune Lady" monster in your Graveyard and Special
Summon it.

?/?

Fortune Lady Water
Level 4
WATER

Spellcaster
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x 300. During each of
When this card is Special Summoned while you control a face-up "Fortune
Lady" monster except "Fortune Lady Water", draw 2 cards.
?/?

Fortune Lady Fire
Level 2
FIRE

Spellcaster
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x200. Increase this
card's Level by 1 during your Standby Phase (Max. 12). When this card
is Special Summoned in Attack Position by the effect of a "Fortune
Lady", destroy 1 face-up monster on your opponent's side of the field,
and inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK.
?/?

Fortune Lady Earth
Level 6
EARTH

Spellcaster
Increase this card's Level by 1 during each of your Standby Phase (max.
12). This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x400. Each time
this card's Level increases, inflict 400 damage to your opponent.
?/?

Fortune Lady Wind
Level 3
WIND

Spellcaster
This card's ATK and DEF are equal to its Level x 300. During each of
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can destroy a number of Spell or
Trap Cards your opponent controls equal to the number of face-up
"Fortune Lady" monsters you control.
?/?

Now let's move on the the usage of fortune ladies. I'll explain one by one.

- Fortune Lady Light -

She is mastermind of this deck. You can't play without her If you expect to run pure lady deck. She has ability to summon any fortune lady to your side of the field if removed by card effect. Run her in 3, or 2 or 1 - all depends of build.

- Don't use her with cyber valley or she will miss the timing.
- Try it with Compulsory Evacuation Device, Magical Dimension (it's -1 though) since you can't destroy the monster or you miss the timing, Future visions and Torrential Tribute.

- Fortune Lady Dark -

Best Fortune Lady. It's a Gigaplant for Fortune Ladies when she destroys a monster as result of battle. She can special summon water or any other one and trigger it's effect. Good one to run and I suggest running her in 3s. This one is a synchro feeder too because her level is great to use for Black Rose, Stardust and other. You can wait one turn for higher level monster and you can synchro as fast as you can for a lower lv. one.

- Fortune Lady Water -

Insane drawing power!!! If you summon it through Dark's effect you get +2 in hand. It's nice. Also you can combine it with creature swap and give it to opponent. Then attack her with Dark to bring it to your field... again and again. Just think of Tragoedia after these effects. Run her in 2 or 3 copies. It's good. All needed to trigger her effect is special summon while other Lady is on the field.

- Fortune Lady Fire -

Ring of destruction!!! But no damage for you this time. Although it needs to be special summoned by Fortune Lady effect, but there is Light for that. I personally don't run any of them, I'd keep her at 1 in normal build and 2 in burn decks.

- Fortune Lady Earth -

This is suppose to be boss monster for Archtype, but It's not that good. Damage each standby phase is pale comparing to special summons of Dark lady. I dislike this card and I wouldn't run it If I were you. But it may be useful in burn strategies. If you really want it, make it 1.

- Fortune Lady Wind -

I don't run it. But effect can be decent sometimes. It all depends on your field presence. If you need it run in 1 or 2, If not then better. This card can be Harpie's Feather Duster sometimes, but it's not that often.

Usable Monsters:

- Kinka - byo
This card has ability to return Light to the field and remove it during end phase or If you have future vision do it instantly. Also, it can bring back some tuners such as Sunny Pixie from graveyard for synchro summon.

- Thunder King Rai-oh
This monster summoned before Future Visions is great start. No normal summons for one turn and special summon stopper is great.

- Cyber Valley
This can bring you insane drawing power even If you send Light and don't get her effect. Use Fortune's Future and take light to grave then draw two more cards. I can already see the countless + cards.

- Rai - Mei
Take your monster from your deck to your hand that's light attribute and lv. 2 or lower. I can see some coming. Also usable with creature swap.

- Shining Angel
If you go for more of Light attribute build I'd use this one for tuners searching, rai-mei and other cards.

- Tragoedia
I have already mentioned this card while reviewing Water lady. It's insane. Also, dump a card take control and synchro If you want. If not use this as beatstick. Can't be chained with BTH so you're safe from being destroyed that one turn at least. Trago could be your boss monster.

- Dark Simorgh
There is special build of fortune Ladies for Dark Simorgh. You can try this card out.

- Dark Armed Dragon
You gotta love this card, or hate it. I mean If you run much darks, run this one, it can remove your Dark Ladies for destruction, then you can re-use them for Fortune's Future and again destroy cards.

- Chaos Sorcerer
You must use this card in Chaos builds. It takes out Stardust and most beatsticks. Then just tribute it for Dark Lady If you want. ^^

- Beast King Barbaros
Summon him while you have Fortune's Visions and bam! You get 3000 attack points monster your next Standby phase. It's up to you If you want to run it or not.

- Apprentice magician
I personally don't like it due summoning face down so most of times you won't get Light's effect. But if you run it with Lightforce intervention, it may be good combination to summon night end's sorcerers too.

Usable Spell and Trap cards:

- Fortune's Future
A card that brings you +1 easily. Just dump one Fortune lady to RFG. You can use your field for that but you wouldn't get your lady back. Although you may summon it from grave in various ways same turn (F.L. Dark, Monster reborn...)

- Future Visions
Marvelous field spell. Great for opening game, when you have Rai-Oh. Also that card will make Lightsworn and Blackwing Archtype much slower. They won't be able to do what they do so you have them cornered. Also don't be an idiot to play it first then summon a monster because you will be defenseless that turn. Wink This card is double - edged sword, be careful. I'd run it in threes.

- Allure of Darkness
Use it with Dark Lady and then just use Fortune's Future, easy as that.

- Gold Sarcophagus
You need a Fortune lady in grave for Dark's effect. You need something? Use this card. You can use it with Fortune's Future too, in same way as allure and visions. Also you gain DaD and Simorgh Food, as well as for Chaos Sorcerer.

- Swords of Revealing Light
Most of people think that this stall card is not needed because you have field spell. But what happens when you have no field spell. I recommend using this card as It saved me from many monsters while my lady was leveling up and swarming the field.

- Creature Swap
Great for searchers like Rai-Mei and Shining angel. Take your opponent's monster and kill your own for adding card in your hand or special summon. This card is great to use with light's too. I mean, give it to your opponent and take it back with compulsory evacuation device and use effects. Your opponent will have -1 monster, you +1.

- One for one
If you prefer dumping your monsters to graveyard for Dark lady and
summoning any other lv. 1 monster like Light or Sunny Pixie, use this
card.

- Reasoning
This card can bring you good monster because each Fortune Lady has
different level. But If you don't want so many cards dumped in your
graveyard, don't use it. It can be good in many builds, but If you
don't like it, don't use it.

- Giant Trunade
If your opponent has monster removed by visions, use this card and make it trapped in RFG. Also get rid of 2nd row, swarm, then kill.

- Compulsory Evacuation Device
Easy to use for your Light lady or opponent's synchro. You can see your opponent summoning Stardust, just chain this card and enjoy because it can't be chained with Stardust Effect. This card can save you from many monsters but as well bring you beatsticks.

There are more support cards for Fortune ladies but they are mostly with conditions you can't fulfill most of times. So I suggest not using any of those, but It's up to you. If you have any feedback for those cards tell me and I would edit this post.

Sample Deck:

Fortune Lady Light x3
Fortune Lady Dark x3
Fortune Lady Water x2
Fortune Lady Fire x1
Tragoedia x1
Thunder King Rai-Oh x2
Krebons x2
Chaos Sorcerer
Dark Armed Dragon
Ryko, the Lightsworn Hunter x2

Future Visions x3
Fortune's Future x2
Allure of Darkness x1
Emergency Teleport x1
Giant Trunade x1
MST x2
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Creature swap x2

Compulsory Evacuation Device x3
Torrential Tribute
Mirror Force
Solemn Warning x2
Solemn Judgement

Fortune Heroes:

2x Fortune Lady Dark
3x Elemental Hero Neos Alius
1x Elemental Hero Stratos
1x Elemental Hero Wildheart
2x Elemental Hero Ocean
2x Fortune Lady Water
3x Fortune Lady Light

3x Fortune's Future
3x Miracle Fusion
3x Future Vision
2x Gemini Spark
2x E - Emergency Call
1x Future Fusion
1x Parallel World Fusion
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Terraforming
1x Book of Moon
1x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Solemn Warning
2x CED
Solemn Judgement
Mirror Force

3x Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
3x Elemental Hero The Shining
2x Elemental Hero Great Tornado
2x Elemental Hero Gaia
1x Superalloy Beast Raptinus
1x Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

Things to remember!!!

- Fortune Ladies need time to set up and then they work fast. So keep it slow until you think time is right to sweep your opponent

- Don't forget for Arcanite and Tempest, all Ladies are spellcasters so they can be used for these monsters. Swing with tempest by discarding whole hand after many draws and kill your opponent instantly.

- Don't abuse Light's effect with some cards that will make her miss the timing.

- If you have troubles with larger monsters use DaD or Tragoedia, even synchros for stronger monsters.

- Beware of Skill Drain, it would make your Ladies useless. Keep your Typhoon and Trunade. If needed side deck something else against those cards.

- If your opponent use oppression, try to slow down the pace until you destroy it.

That's all for now about these Ladies. If there is new support or I think of anything else, I'll keep you posted. If you have any sample decks post them, they might get added to my post (of course with credit). Have fun reading your opponent's fortune and killing him. Wink

Tip of the Day: 80% of KCVDS users use rock in Rock/Paper/Scissors game. Razz

See you 'til next article.

Last edited by Yami Yugi on Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://battlecityrevolution.4umer.com

3E-hero neos

3E-hero neos
Wow nice guide really covering it all Smile.

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
Thanks. Well, many people use them with build 3 of each which is really bad for now.

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
Bumpity Bump:
If anyone has any suggestions (read: Elen) that uses fortune ladies please tell me if you want something to add to the guide. Also, you can discuss about them here from now on.

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
You don't mention a lot of the Fortune Lady support. While most of it is unplayable, admittedly, Catoblepas and the Witch of Fate is a decent stun card in FL's.

Also, Elemental Hero Fortune Ladies might be worth mentioning. I played around with that briefly on WC10 and it was quite fun.

I hope that helps!

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
Ok, give me the deck list and I'll post it in first post. Smile

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
I don't remember it exactly. I didn't have a terrific build. You could probably do a search and find a better build somewhere, but this is (similar to) what I used:

2x Fortune Lady Dark
3x Elemental Hero Neos Alius
1x Elemental Hero Stratos
2x Elemental Hero Wildheart
2x Elemental Hero Ocean
2x Fortune Lady Water
2x Fortune Lady Wind
1x Fortune Lady Fire
3x Fortune Lady Light

3x Fortune's Future
3x Miracle Fusion
3x Future Vision
2x Gemini Spark
2x E - Emergency Call
1x Future Fusion
1x Parallel World Fusion
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Terraforming
1x Book of Moon
1x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Royal Decree

3x Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
3x Elemental Hero The Shining
2x Elemental Hero Great Tornado
2x Elemental Hero Gaia
1x Superalloy Beast Raptinus
1x Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

And again, I'm not sure how strong this deck really is, and I'm sure this build is not, but I have seen several people experiment with the concept.

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
You know, seems nice. But I would let down decree for some traps. Also windy is not that useful. Don't know, I'll put it in first post.

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
Well, I did kind of throw it together spur of the moment. I haven't played with a Deck like this in 6 months or so.

I've always thought Windy was decent, sort of like a Breaker that can really break a big backrow. Also, it's a WIND for Great Tornado.

And honestly, I don't remember if it was a Decree Deck or not. I just remember there were a ton of Spells. I'm sure it could be run either way. It's probably better to think of it as a rough outline.

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
I have removed windy because she is slow. You need more ladies to work with here, this way you spam the light one and wait for darky to kill and revive water for drawing. In the mean time you can use hero fusions, especially because Ladies have different attributes so they can combine into shining/zero.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com