Battle City Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Something witty. Empty Something witty. Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:57 pm

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
Yeah. I'm here.

Actually, more like here again.

Anyway, I'm Andross. I've posted on this forum before, and I've posted quite a bit in the Deck Palace section of KCVDS. I'd like to think I'm an ok duelist, ok deck builder, and I think I know a lot more cards and rulings than I should.

Several people mentioned their views on the Meta. My take is that I don't think any particular deck is cheap or anything. I just don't like people who straight up copy a deck that won a tournament or something. I may use a similar decklist at times to a winning deck, but that's because I took the time to understand the deck and made many of the same decisions they did.

On the other hand, though, my favorite deck to play with is a Dragon Master Knight deck I built from scratch that is surprisingly semi-competitive. I certainly appreciate novel decks that have silly combos that can be awesome the 1/3 times it actually works. Those are tons of fun too.

I've got a lot on my plate right now, as I have a full class-load at the local university, I spend about 15-20 hours a week volunteering, and I try to be active on other forums as well. But, I will try to support the community here.

Here's to some fun duels!

2Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:09 am

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
Hello, glad to see you back. I remember you were the ojama guy who was killing everyone with them. You use the weirdest decks. Welcome. Smile

https://battlecityrevolution.4umer.com

3Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 am

3E-hero neos

3E-hero neos
Didn't know you had Ojama's, my main Deck is too Very Happy.
Welcome here, glad to see such a good member here.
Have fun around and be active!

4Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Sheodon

Sheodon
Administrator
Administrator
Hello. Finally, you accepted our invitation and you (re-)joined to the Community. That's awesome.

I can agree with your opinion about the meta, it can be also competitive and fun if you use an already-known but good engine, but the main problem is that every people who likes meta use the SAME deck without any modification or creativity. They almost have the same Deck. They don't also trying out any other engines, they just copy Tournament Winning-Decks and use these as their own. Which is pathetic, in my opinion.

Even if I use meta-engine, I just try to make it new, use another engine (like Mad Town) or use it as unusual (like the Hero Horde).

What other things shall I tell? Stay active, and have fun.

5Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:21 pm

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
@everyone: Thanks!

@Sheodon: Well, just about every format, there are some Decks that are just broken and ridiculous and require little skill. This format, I think GK's, Sabers, and LS fit that description. Obviously, to win a tournament, you have to be good, but anyone can netdeck, not know the rules of YGO, and win with a godhand. However, Plant Synchro and Blackwing Decks require a lot more skill and control to pilot to victory. I think decks like that are a lot more fun in the long run (although the others are fun as well. There's something satisfying about tributing a Wulf you milled last turn and nuking your opponent with Celestia).

The fact is, though, if I play 11 games against a noob with a netdecked meta deck while I have something tier 2 that isn't completely countered by his, I'll win at least 6.

And I try to reimagine Meta Decks as well. I recently built a Machina Gemini Town Deck, utilizing the strengths of all 3 great engines. I think it's still on the Deck Palace in KC, but I'll repost it here for more content and stuff.

6Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:25 am

LionKingMax

LionKingMax
Plants are harder to play than BlackWings imo. GK's are just the same as everything else: Set Recruiter/Spy, play Necrovalley and push with OP monsters.

Sabers require a lil more skills to use, but overall is the same (Set Dark Soul, set Emersblade, push with Faultroll.

LS is just about luck, no skills whatsoever. I don't like Sworns.

I also hate Kristya, but who doesn't.

IMO what makes a good duelist is how he modify his side-deck in game 2. (Ofc, it's not the only thing, but I think it is pretty important.)

7Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 am

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
LS require more skill than they used to. (remember when Honest, Lumina, Charge, and Necro were all at 3? Yeah, that sucked.) But I generally agree with your points.

Side Decking is probably one of the most important skills that most duelists (myself included) don't do well.

Deciding what to put into your Side Deck and when to use it is one of the things that separates the good players from the great ones.

I love how my introduction page has turned into a discussion of tournament quality YGO.

8Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:37 am

Yami Yugi

Yami Yugi
Administrator
Administrator
You know, you can always open new thread for it.

https://battlecityrevolution.4umer.com

9Something witty. Empty Re: Something witty. Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
Interesting article on net-decking here.

I think it makes some good points. This article makes net-decking seem pretty harmless, and actually coincides a lot with some of my opinions.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com