Battle City Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forbidden Lance Empty Forbidden Lance Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:31 pm

3E-hero neos

3E-hero neos
Hi

I'd like to discuss a card with you called Forbidden Lance.

Forbidden Lance 300px-ForbiddenLanceSTOR-EN-SR-1E

Select 1 face-up monster on the field. Until the End Phase, it loses 800 ATK, but is unaffected by the effects of other Spell/Trap Cards.

+'s:
- You can use this in a chain to a card like Mirror Force, Dimensional Prison or any other Speed Spell 1 or 2 Effect to make it disappear because the selected Monster becomes unaffected by Spells/Traps that turn.
- Can be used in chain to a attack from your opponent to lower the attack of the opponent's Monster so yours stays.
- It's a big surprise to the opponent since it's a Quick Play Spell.

-'s:
- Doesn't change the battle mode of the attacking/attacked Monster like Book Of Moon could(although the -800 can do the same trick).
- Probably makes your Monster to weak to battle that turn so you can't use the Monster that turn(Book Flipped down so it's basically the same thing)
- Can't recycle effects such as Ryko like Book could.

Feel free to discuss this card, together with Doppel Warrior I think they are going to be the cards of the format.

2Forbidden Lance Empty Re: Forbidden Lance Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:01 am

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
2 Points:

Forbidden Lance can be used during the Damage Step (like Shrink), meaning your opponent cannot chain, well, Book of Moon or something to it, if you wait for the latest opportunity.

Book of Moon's big advantage over this card is that it stops Synchros, and this doesn't. The other stuff is relatively inconsequential, honestly.

I love Forbidden Lance in my Dragon Deck, in particular, since most of my Dragons have enough ATK that losing 800 really doesn't make much of a difference.

On the competitive scene, I think some Decks will take up 2-3 Lances as a staple, and others will tech it in at 1-2, but I just don't think it will be as popular as Book.

3Forbidden Lance Empty Re: Forbidden Lance Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:09 am

3E-hero neos

3E-hero neos
Ever thought of it together with something that is unaffected by Monster Effects(like Shooting Quasar)?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | Art, Culture and Leisures | Mangas | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com