Battle City Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Machina's Sparking Gear Empty Machina's Sparking Gear Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:18 am

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
Hoping to spark discussion. Get it, spark? Yeah, I won't quit my day job.

20 Monsters
3x Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
3x Ancient Gear Golem
3x Machina Fortress
3x Elemental Hero Neos Alius
2x Ancient Gear Knight
1x Elemental Hero Stratos
3x Machina Gearframe
2x Card Trooper

18 Spells
3x Gemini Spark
3x Geartown
2x Trade-In
1x Book of Moon
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Limiter Removal
1x Ancient Gear Workshop
1x Giant Trunade
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Forbidden Lance

3 Traps
2x Royal Decree
1x Magical Hats

15 Extra
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Magical Android
1x Naturia Beast
1x Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth
1x Flamvell Uruquizas
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x X-Saber Urbellum
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
1x Colossal Fighter
1x Red Dragon Archfiend
1x Black-Winged Dragon
1x Ally of Justice Field Marshall
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

15 Side
2x Nobleman of Crossout
2x Mask of Restrict
2x My Body as a Shield
1x Trap Dustshoot
1x Mind Crush
1x Return From the Different Dimension
2x Crevice Into the Different Dimension
2x Kinetic Soldier
1x Double Cyclone
1x Terraforming

I've posted a Side Deck now and I have (almost) built this IRL. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Oh, and a side note on the Extra Deck: I know some of the choices are weird, but I'm not feeling up to dropping the cash for Brionac and/or Scrap Dragon at the moment, so that's as good as it's going to get.

Last edited by Andross on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 am; edited 3 times in total

2Machina's Sparking Gear Empty Re: Machina's Sparking Gear Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 am

LionKingMax

LionKingMax
Maybe -1 Ancient Gear Workshop for +1 E-Call

How does Rose works for you?

Otherwise, I don't find Raptinus useful.

Lots of draw power, I like it.

3Machina's Sparking Gear Empty Re: Machina's Sparking Gear Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 am

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
Well, I played a bunch of Gigavise Decks on WC10, which always seemed to beat me. I mean, yeah, having another Chimeratech Fortress Dragon or a Red Dragon Archfiend would be nice, but I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference.

I really REALLY like Ancient Gear Workshop most of the time I draw it. It's either a Trade-In target, an 1800 beater, a G-Spark target, or a Monster Reborn. E-Call is cool too, though. Extra speed is nice, especially for something like this.

I'll rethink it, and probably try it both ways. I need to play this Deck some more, as I might actually consider building it IRL (It's pretty cheap outside of the Extra Deck, most of which is superfluous anyway).

Thanks! Any other ideas?

4Machina's Sparking Gear Empty Re: Machina's Sparking Gear Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:18 am

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
Hey, I just updated a bit (replaced Rose with a Machina Peacekeeper), and I have a question for the ever helpful community.

What do you guys recommend as Side Deck Material/Side Deck strategies for this Deck, preferably on a budget.

My local meta has at present X-Sabers, Blackwings, Gravekeepers, and Machina Gadget, mostly. You do see Lightsworn, Macro, and just other random Decks too. I am expecting to see some Six Samurai and Dragunity in the near future as well.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I actually probably won't do the Super Poly Side Deck thing, just because that adds substantial expense to the Deck. So stuff besides that.

5Machina's Sparking Gear Empty Re: Machina's Sparking Gear Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
3x the posts, 3x the fun!

No, seriously, I've updated the Deck a bit to what I am actually running IRL. I would appreciate any thoughts on pretty much any aspect of the Deck. With your suggestions, keep in mind that I don't have an unlimited budget, but if you have a really good idea, I'll find a way to make it work.

6Machina's Sparking Gear Empty Re: Machina's Sparking Gear Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Sheodon

Sheodon
Administrator
Administrator
Just a few fixes:

-2 Machina Peacekeeper (it's just not needed here, not the Machinas are the priority)
-1 Trade-In (I don't know how is it work, but for 6 targets, I won't use 3 since it can be easily a dead draw. But if it's work for you, you can keep them.)

Then I have no idea what to add, but I'll suggest to some ideas. Feel free to choose which you like.:

+2 Card Trooper (in 2 it's just too awesome, plus its milling is useable when you mill a Machina Fortress or an Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon, even milling Ancient Gear is not a tragedy since you can recycle it.)
+2/3 Minefieldriller (Just one of the best cards in any Geartown buildings, however, it's just underrated. The only card which can recycle Geartown (and any other Fields), and it's just too awesome to not add it.)
+1 Terraforming (Easy way to add the Geartown quickly)
+1 Ancient Gear Engineer (With Geartown, a Normal Summoned S/T destroyer without Tribute)
+1 Double Cyclone (MST + Activates Geartown)

7Machina's Sparking Gear Empty Re: Machina's Sparking Gear Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 am

Andross

Andross
Adv. Duelist
Adv. Duelist
I actually, surprisingly, like those fixes.

Card Trooper is a card I'd been thinking of adding for some time, I just thought the Machina's would be better. I'll test a bit to be sure, but I think you're right. Draws are great; plus, milling Fortress's makes any in hand AG's live.

3 Trade-In might indeed be overkill here. I just thought it would be cool sense I could return a used AG with the Workshop. I could just take one out and be fine.

I'm not sure about Minefieldriller, but I had considered siding 1x Terraforming + 1x Double Cyclone for matchups where I needed more S/T control. I could totally do that over Swift Scarecrow, I suppose.

The other thought I had was adding 1 Magical Hats. Maybe over Trade-In in the main to stay at 41? (I like 41 here, with all my draw power and searching, it gives me a little more flexibility in siding).

Thanks for the ideas, they definitely helped!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com